background

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Zoiks!!!

Yes - that is a SCORPION, with it's guts flowing out of it's body.  It met it's demise this morning as the children were running to the car so I could drop them off at school.  Lauren stepped on it.  When she felt the crunch underfoot her eyes got huge and she yelled,"it's a scorpion"!
I have been having nightmares every night about these creatures.  When I heard we would be coming to Phoenix thoughts of Steinbecks', The Pearl came to mind... blah, blah, blah.  Might I just say, I am not excited about living with these creepy things.  I understand they are one of our Heavenly Fathers creatures but, If I come across one I might have to squish it. 

2 comments:

  1. Rachel! I can't believe you have moved! I would love to hear the story sometime. As for the scorpion - EEK! Here in Reno, there are smaller scorpions. I found one in my washing machine and recently one scampering across the floor!!! Both met their demise. A friend told me lavendar bushes will keep them away and we don't have any in our yard. Guess what we will be planting soon?? Hope you are well and loving the dry air. Sure do miss you and your great family! - Adrienne Bass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I'd do if I saw something that looked as nasty as that thing. Jared's always talking about this gun that blasts bugs away with salt. I'd seriously think about investing in one of those things, that way you have the satisfaction of blowing something that disgusting to smithereens all while keeping a safe distance.

    ReplyDelete